Benjamin Parker (Son of Parker, William T, and grandson of Parker, Solomon )
Company A, 16th N.C. Infantry
April 1861 - June 27 1862
Parker, Benjamin, 20, served with General Robert E. Lee. He was
mortally wounded at the Battle of Mechanicsville, Virginia, June 26, 1862. He succumbed to these wounds
while in a hospital in Richmond, Virginia, June 27, 1862. At Mechanicsville, Virginia, Company A, 16th N.C.
Regiment lost six killed and ten wounded. Company A later reorganized into Thomas' Legion of Indians and Highlanders as 2nd A, Walker's Battalion, Thomas' Legion.
- Residing in Jackson County, NC, at time of enlistment
20 years of age at time of enlistment
- Enlisted on April 27, 1861, at Jackson County, NC, as Private
- Enlisted into Company A, 16th
Infantry, North Carolina, on April 27, 1861
- Died of wounds while serving in 16th Infantry, North Carolina, on June 27,
1862 at Richmond, VA.
- Wounded on Jun 26, 1862, at Mechanicsville, VA.
- North Carolina Troops 1861-65, A Roster, (1993)